Founded in 1935, and co-sponsored by the City of Palo Alto Division of Arts and Sciences, we are a group of serious amateur (and some professional) photographers interested in working together to enhance and broaden our photographic skills and artistic vision. Learn more
Come and visit us - our meetings, held most Wednesday evenings, are open to the public!
Our list of "Quick Links" on the right side of this page may help you find what you want. If not, the menus above may help.
[Click on an event to see time and location]
- Macro Wildflower Photography: Getting a Bee’s Eye View Macro Wildflower Photography: Getting a Bee’s Eye ViewWednesday, 26 July, 2017Art of Photography with Judy Kramer
- FIELD TRIP: Filoli Gardens, Macro & Focus Stacking, Lunch & Champagne Social FIELD TRIP: Filoli Gardens, Macro & Focus Stacking, Lunch & Champagne SocialSaturday, 24 June, 2017Field Photography Instruction and Social
- Upcoming Summer PACC Member Print Exhibition June to July Enter By May 25 Upcoming Summer PACC Member Print Exhibition June through July - enter by May 11Thursday, 11 May, 2017Print Exhibition with Jim ColtonIn connection with the Palo Alto Art Center’s Summer of Photography, The Palo Alto Camera Club will hold a print exhibition of members’ works at the Art Center, 1313 Newell Road. We anticipate showing between 50 and 60 prints. In an effort to allow the most members to participate, the only requirement on image content is that it be family friendly.
If you are a member and received such recognition please notify us at:
- Details of the event
- A small JPEG up to 500 px, sRGB
- And if available a link to a website of the organization where further information can be found
Food is center-stage at the Village Art Theatre in Danville with a gallery show, film screening and tasting event. Their seventh annual juried exhibition, “Pleasing to the Palette,” features images of food in art selected by juror Maria Medua, director of the SFMOMA Artists Gallery. Judy Doherty's image of asparagus spears is featured in the poster for this show and it is part of her thesis work from UC Berkeley Extension Visual Art Certificate program.
Location: 233 Front St, Danville, CA 94526. Plenty of free parking on the street.
Regular Gallery Hours
- Wednesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
(An opening reception has already been held.)
- East Bay Times
- Danville website
Opening reception is Sun July 16 from 1 to 4 pm. Refreshments will be served. The exhibit is curated by Anselmo Image Works. The exhibit runs through Sept 1.
The gallery is located at 32 W. 25th Ave, 2nd floor. Weekday gallery hours are 8:30 to 5.
Parking is available in adjacent off-street lots.
Elaine Heron's image, "Motherly Protection" was also accepted.
The reception and jury walk-through and release of the catalogue for the show will be at the Sunset Center in Carmel on Sat July 22nd from 5-7 PM. The public is welcome.
Reception: June 2nd, 5:30 - 8 pm
Three prints by member Judy Kramer and two images by Bob Carlin ('Pele's Well' and 'Summer Ripples' )were accepted into the juried exhibit “Summer Exposure" at the Pacific Art League , 668 Ramona Street, Palo Alto. Free parking across Bryant St in the City of Palo Alto garage.
Pele's Well by Bob Carlin - awarded second place
Summer Ripples by Bob Carlin